Pencil Tip is looking for artwork to be included in the pages of the forthcoming Blake’s 7 related Star One Compendium. If you’d like to see your artwork featured in the forthcoming book, please contact us at penciltippublishing at shaw dot ca. There will be no payment for use of the work but those individuals who’s work that is included in the book will receive full credit for their work in the thank you section.
Artwork should be:
- B&W and/or color
- Size: no larger than 8×10 inch size
- Submitted in JPG format @ 300 dpi
As this is a unofficial and unauthorized book, unfortunately we can’t accept digital artwork that uses or contains any BBC copyrighted materials.
In particular, we’re looking for artwork that includes the following subjects:
- Soolin portrait
- Travis (both versions) portrait
- Hal Mellanby portrait
- Egrorian portrait
- Blake & Avon together
- Avon & Cally together
- Any of the main cast characters (Blake, Avon, Gan, Vila, Cally, Servalan, Travis, Jenna, Dayna, Tarrant & Soolin)
- Any monsters, villains and/or aliens featured in the series (eg. Decimas, Mutoids, Clonemasters, Moloch, Og, Bayban the Butcher, etc.)
We’re also looking for artwork that depicts scenes or images from the following episodes:
- The Way Back
- Project Avalon
Please contact us direct if you would like to submit artwork to the project. Thank you.
Samples of the sort of material we’re looking for can be found here.
Update: Thurs, July 13, 2017
Thank you to all who replied to our plea for artwork. It was much appreciated. However, after some careful consideration, the publisher and editor have decided to go a different direction layout wise. Sorry to be the barer of bad news, but please do keep tuned to the PTP blog as we’re always looking for artists to work with us.
Just a quick note to let everyone know that the Pencil Tip Publishing (www.penciltippublishing.com) website will be offline for the next few days, while our site designer installs the new website and web tools. So no need to panic, we haven’t gone AWOL, or out of business. Just prepepping to bring you an all new PTP site for you.
In order to serve you better, we’ve decided to revamp and redesign the existing Pencil Tip Publishing website. We’re currently in the midst of having the new site designed and hope to reveal the new site in the coming weeks. In the meantime, you’ll be able to continue to use the existing site. However, we should also point out that this site may be down for a day or two, when it comes to installing and launching the new site.
Congratulations to Kyle Borcz who’s the lucky winner of a copy of Grave Warnings. You’re copy is on it’s way.
And thank you to all of you who entered the contest.
Pencil Tip Publishing is pleased to announce that our charitable recipient for the Temporal Logbook II will be MDABC (Mood Disorders Association of British Columbia).
The MDABC is a nonprofit organization that provides treatment, support, education, and hope of recovery for people living with a mood disorder. We serve to build awareness and understanding in communities throughout the province, reaching out to as many people as possible.
The Goals of the MDABC are:
- Reduce the stigma of mood disorders
- Cultivate an inclusive community that promotes well being
- Provide rapid access to mental health services
- Encourage the development of effective self-help models
- Encourage research into mood disorders and self-help models
The MDABC Philosophy
The MDABC celebrates their partnerships with individuals, their families, professionals, and agencies. We believe in, value, and respect:
- The potential of each individual
- Understanding, empathy, and listening as the cornerstones of self-help
- Sharing and caring as the basis for healing
- Honesty, trust, and confidentiality
- Inclusiveness, community, and hope
- Participative decision-making in treatment options
- The choices of individuals taking responsibility for their actions
- The contributions of individuals and their families and friends
- The skills of professionals and their role in recovery and support
- Learning and self-awareness as part of the education process
- Research as part of best treatment and recovery
Pencil Tip is excited to be partnered with the MDABC. 100% of the net proceeds from the sales of The Temporal Logbook II will be donated to the MDABC.
To learn more about the MDABC please visit their website at www.mdabc.net.
Please note that if you were planning to submit a story to the Temporal Logbook II, we have updated and revised the Submission Guidelines as of March 29th. Please ensure you familiarize yourself with the new guidelines which can be found here.
Mark your calendars!
OPEN SUBMISSION DAY
Saturday May 6 2017 from 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm Pacific Standard Time
We will be accepting completed stories for inclusion in The Temporal Logbook II for one day and one day only –Saturday May 6 2017 from 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm Pacific Standard Time.
As with the original short-story collection, the second volume will feature twelve original stories by new and up-in-coming writers. All twelve incarnations of the Doctor will be featured with a story dedicated to that particular incarnation.
For the open submission day we are looking for stories featuring Doctors 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 & 10.
Stories should be between 5000-8000 words.
To contribute a story to The Temporal Logbook II all you have to do is:
- Submit 1 completed story. (Multiple submissions are not allowed.)
- Provide your full name and email, and
- Include a brief bio telling us a bit about yourself (if you haven’t worked with us previously), and indicate if you’ve been published before or not.
The full Submission Guidelines can be found here.