Thought we’d share some promo info with you guys regarding the forthcoming Star One Compendium.
Star One was a short-lived Canadian fan magazine dedicated to Blake’s 7 publishing four issues between 2011-2012, with an unreleased fifth issue planned for 2013. Compiled and edited by Bob Furnell, this special omnibus edition brings together many of the articles from the original issues – updated and revised – brand new material, specially written for this release; plus material intended for the unpublished fifth issue.
The Star One Compendium features:
- Interviews with: Chris Boucher (Blake’s 7 script writer & editor); David Richardson (Big Finish) and authors Scott Harrison, Cavan Scott and Mark Wright
- Original Fiction by fan-writers Winnie Lacesso and Katherine Lopez
- A brand new original Blake’s 7 short-story by J.E. Remy (Temporal Logbook) specially written for the compendium
- Results to the Star One Series Survey – first time these results have been made public
- Original Artwork by Richard Farrell (Andersonic, Plaything of Sutekh)
- Articles, reviews, opinion pieces and much more!
Page Count: 254, 6×9 Paperback
Published (Final Quarter) 2017
As of this posting, approximately 75% of the book is complete (layout wise) and currently stands at 254 pages. I’m sure there’ll be a few modifications and changes before the final version is completed.
Artwork Copyright 2017 Richard Farrell
Pencil Tip is looking for artwork to be included in the pages of the forthcoming Blake’s 7 related Star One Compendium. If you’d like to see your artwork featured in the forthcoming book, please contact us at penciltippublishing at shaw dot ca. There will be no payment for use of the work but those individuals who’s work that is included in the book will receive full credit for their work in the thank you section.
Artwork should be:
- B&W and/or color
- Size: no larger than 8×10 inch size
- Submitted in JPG format @ 300 dpi
As this is a unofficial and unauthorized book, unfortunately we can’t accept digital artwork that uses or contains any BBC copyrighted materials.
In particular, we’re looking for artwork that includes the following subjects:
- Soolin portrait
- Travis (both versions) portrait
- Hal Mellanby portrait
- Egrorian portrait
- Blake & Avon together
- Avon & Cally together
- Any of the main cast characters (Blake, Avon, Gan, Vila, Cally, Servalan, Travis, Jenna, Dayna, Tarrant & Soolin)
- Any monsters, villains and/or aliens featured in the series (eg. Decimas, Mutoids, Clonemasters, Moloch, Og, Bayban the Butcher, etc.)
We’re also looking for artwork that depicts scenes or images from the following episodes:
- The Way Back
- Project Avalon
Please contact us direct if you would like to submit artwork to the project. Thank you.
Samples of the sort of material we’re looking for can be found here.
Update: Thurs, July 13, 2017
Thank you to all who replied to our plea for artwork. It was much appreciated. However, after some careful consideration, the publisher and editor have decided to go a different direction layout wise. Sorry to be the barer of bad news, but please do keep tuned to the PTP blog as we’re always looking for artists to work with us.