This Saturday April 22nd only is our Super Saturday Sale where we’ll be offering 20% off all of our books published to date.
One day only – Saturday April 22, 2017
20% off all Pencil Tip books when you order directly from Lulu. This includes: The Temporal Logbook, Sapphire & Steel Omnibus and Grave Warnings.
To order visit our publisher spotlight here.
Congratulations to Kyle Borcz who’s the lucky winner of a copy of Grave Warnings. You’re copy is on it’s way.
And thank you to all of you who entered the contest.
Pencil Tip Publishing is pleased to announce that our charitable recipient for the Temporal Logbook II will be MDABC (Mood Disorders Association of British Columbia).
The MDABC is a nonprofit organization that provides treatment, support, education, and hope of recovery for people living with a mood disorder. We serve to build awareness and understanding in communities throughout the province, reaching out to as many people as possible.
The Goals of the MDABC are:
- Reduce the stigma of mood disorders
- Cultivate an inclusive community that promotes well being
- Provide rapid access to mental health services
- Encourage the development of effective self-help models
- Encourage research into mood disorders and self-help models
The MDABC Philosophy
The MDABC celebrates their partnerships with individuals, their families, professionals, and agencies. We believe in, value, and respect:
- The potential of each individual
- Understanding, empathy, and listening as the cornerstones of self-help
- Sharing and caring as the basis for healing
- Honesty, trust, and confidentiality
- Inclusiveness, community, and hope
- Participative decision-making in treatment options
- The choices of individuals taking responsibility for their actions
- The contributions of individuals and their families and friends
- The skills of professionals and their role in recovery and support
- Learning and self-awareness as part of the education process
- Research as part of best treatment and recovery
Pencil Tip is excited to be partnered with the MDABC. 100% of the net proceeds from the sales of The Temporal Logbook II will be donated to the MDABC.
To learn more about the MDABC please visit their website at www.mdabc.net.
Please note that if you were planning to submit a story to the Temporal Logbook II, we have updated and revised the Submission Guidelines as of March 29th. Please ensure you familiarize yourself with the new guidelines which can be found here.
Win a copy of our horror short story collection, Grave Warnings.
All you have to do is send us an email containing your name, mailing address and email contact to firstname.lastname@example.org. And that’s it.
Entries must be received by 12:00 midnight PDT (-8 GMT) April 8, 2017.
Mark your calendars!
OPEN SUBMISSION DAY
Saturday May 6 2017 from 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm Pacific Standard Time
We will be accepting completed stories for inclusion in The Temporal Logbook II for one day and one day only –Saturday May 6 2017 from 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm Pacific Standard Time.
As with the original short-story collection, the second volume will feature twelve original stories by new and up-in-coming writers. All twelve incarnations of the Doctor will be featured with a story dedicated to that particular incarnation.
For the open submission day we are looking for stories featuring Doctors 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 & 10.
Stories should be between 5000-8000 words.
To contribute a story to The Temporal Logbook II all you have to do is:
- Submit 1 completed story. (Multiple submissions are not allowed.)
- Provide your full name and email, and
- Include a brief bio telling us a bit about yourself (if you haven’t worked with us previously), and indicate if you’ve been published before or not.
The full Submission Guidelines can be found here.
Hey, if any of you reside in Queensland Australia, you may be interested in attending this special event in Rockhampton on Friday February 24th.
Grave Warnings author Jodie van de Wetering is hosting a special launch night at the Red Dahlia Bar in Rockhampton Queensland. Join us for a spooky night on Friday, February 24 featuring haunting live music, and top storytellers sharing tales of the living and the dead. We’re having a party to celebrate the launch of Grave Warnings, a collection of horror fiction from indie outfit Pencil Tip Publishing.
There’s a $5 cover charge will help cover our operating expenses for the night and pay our artists, contributing to CQ’s arts economy.
Copies of Grave Warnings will be available for purchase.